Kom och fira filmens födelsedag med oss och se prisbelönta favoriter i alla genrer från hela världen. Alla filmer är engelsk-textade och vi bjuder som vanligt på en kavalkad av roliga, allvarliga, tänkvärda, tokiga och kärleksfulla filmer. Vi välkomnar alla kortfilmsentusiaster i alla åldrar till en härlig biostund där du även tävlar om biobiljetter. For English scroll down
TID: 13.30-15.30 Lördag 28 december 2019 FRI ENTRE´/Free entrance VAR: på Bio Roy Kungsportsavenyn 45 i Göteborg
Om Filmens Födelsedag: Den 28 december 1895 gjorde Bröderna Lumière, sin första filmvisning för allmän, betalande publik på Grand Cafe i Paris, vilket därför brukar anses som filmens födelsedag. Bröderna visade bl.a sin kortfilm L’Arrivée d’un train en gare de la Ciotat (Tåget ankommer Ciotats station) vilket sägs ha skapat full panik bland publiken.
Welcome and celebrate with us and see award-winning favorites in all genres from all around the world. As usual we have a cavalcade of fun, serious, thoughtful, crazy and loving movies. We welcome all short film enthusiasts of all ages – to a wonderful time where you also compete for cinema tickets. Free entrance and all films with English-subtitle
On December 28, 1895, in front of a paying audience at the Grand Cafe in Paris, the brothers Lumièresstaged a twenty-minute program of ten films, including one ofa train as it entered a station, moving straight toward the camera. The filmcreated panic in the audience; several women are said to have fainted. The event has gone down in history as the first public cinema performance. Withinfive years of the invention of the cinÄmatographe–during which time the Lumières promoted it throughout Europe–motion pictures were being made in every developed country in the world. The Lumières continued toinnovate film technology. In Paris in 1900, they demonstrated their Photorama, which was a 360í panoramic projector. Thirty-five years later, they introduced their stereo-cine process, which was based on the principle of anaglyphics.
The Short film birthday celebration program is 120 minutes, it contains a various of shorts from all genres and starts up with eight very diverse minute films. All shorts are made in a non commercial purpose and the filmmakers age is between 12 and 70 years. Welcome to read more about the films here!
LadyBugShortFilmMarathon på Bio Roy, Kungsportsavenyn i Göteborg Fri Entré/Free Entrence !
LadyBug och Bio Roy firar 10-årsjubileum på Kulturnatta med en kavalkad av prisade kortfilmer i alla genrer, från Sverige, Venezuela, England, Spanien, Estland, USA m,m. Före visningen välkomnar vi ett par av de prisbelönta regissörerna plus en skådespelare som berättar lite om sina filmer. Välj några favoritfilmer och var med och tävla om biobiljetter. Alla 22 filmerna har engelsk text / FRI ENTREE´
LadyBugShortFilmMarathon and Bio Roy celebrates our 10 years anniversary at Kulturnatta- Culture Night with a free entrance short film program. Awarded Shorts in all genres, Drama, Comedy, Animation & Minute Films from Sweden, Spain, Norway, Venezuela, England, USA and more. Before the films start, we meet some of the awarded directors. You can also win cinema tickets by choosing your favourite short for the evening. All 22 films have English subtitle / FREE ENTRANCE Welcome to Bio Roy at Gothenburg Culture Night, the night when all of the city is buzzing!!
KINDRED SPIRITSTwo people who make odd things, meet in the middle of the night. Mette Witt made this film when she studied at the film program at Nordiska Fokhögskolan in Kungälv Sweden
2.The QuestSometimes you have to look more carefully for what you are searching for. Made at Prague Film School -CZECH REPUBLIC by Anna Fabricius (SWE) and Zury Cutler (USA) as one of their film projects.
3.LA DULCE MEMORIA/the SWEET MEMORYDesperate and anxious, a man looks for a relative who is lost in her more sweet memories. The film was SILVER awarded at WorldMovieMinuteCup at UNICA, a non commercial short film festival connected to UNESCO. The festival is every year situated in different European countries. UNICA 2019 was in the Netherlands
4. Vadå 112? / 911?Be prepared to handle things on your own when the public sector is under attack! BRONZE award in the Swedish Minute Cup at the Swedish Shortfilmfestival 2019 a national film festival for non commercial films focusing on diversity, equality and a broad representation.
5. Andra Chansen/Second ChanceA major environmental disaster has made the earth uninhabitable and children are looking for a new home on another planet. The film made by the young siblings Filip & Emilia Nyström was also selected for STOCK-Motion filmfestival 2019
6.DU VÄLJER/YOU CHOOSEA short reflection about choices in life. Alma made this film on her summer vacation at a film camp called Home Film Festival 2019. The task was to make a short personal story. ”You Choose” was awarded with the honourable prize ”Filmörnen/the FilmEagle” 2019 in region Värmland and was also chosen to compete at Novemberfestivalen where all regions in Sweden compete.
7.Kontroll/Under ControlAbout new beginnings and a past that refuses to let go. The lead actress Amanda Krüger got the award of honour as best actress, at Pixel 2019.
8. Vägen hem/ Incidents Way Home The life of a woman is a constant thriller. You never know when you suddenly have to flee, or to defend yourself. Three true stories – experienced, animated and told by the director, about not coming home safely as a young girl/woman. She is a survivor, she can handle it – but why does she has to? Three true stories – experienced, animated and told by the director, about not coming home safely as a young girl/woman. She is a survivor, she can handle it – but why does she has to? Jessica Laurén started her film career in 1993 and nowadays she runs the company Gold Spoon Pictures together with Jonas Dahlbeck and Boris Nawratil. They are director-designers, and in many cases also the labor as well. They have different specialities and therefore complement each other quite well. For extra work, and upscaled productions, they have a loyal crew of collegues and friends to call. Whilst they enjoy Stockholm, they have filmed and worked in many different countries, and loved it. Nothing is like new places and new people to give you new ideas. New ideas, after all, is what we are all about.
9. Att ta Hand om en Kille/To Fix a GuyA surrealistic feminist comedy about girls being sick of boys not taking emotional responsibility. ”To Fix a Guy” won three awards at FRAME 2019, Best short/Bästa Kortfilm, the Audience Award/Publikpriset and the FilmBridge Award/filmbryggans pris. The film is also selected for Novemberfestivalen 2019
10.TOM One morning Tom wakes up and everyone has disappeared! This film is a methaphor about loneliness and not beeing heard. The Film TOM won the short film competition ”A Better Tomorrow” at BUFF 2019 a cooperation with BUFF, LadyBugFestival and Sveriges Unga Akademi
11. SWÊDÎ A woman is in the store to shop some things, when she notices an employee is following her. A short about prejudice and about the feeling of someone’s accusatory gaze. SWÊDÎ is distributed by FilmCentrum Sweden
13.DEN GODA VILJAN/ THE GOOD WILLHow things can turn out when choosing the road of dishonesty. Christel Elsayha works as a film editor and a script writer and this is her first film where she also is acting in the lead role. ”The Good Will” was awarded with a BRONZE medal at UNICA 2019
14. HERE LIES ADELIA HUGHESA dark tale about a twisted family.
15. JUST FOLLOW the FROGWhat man NOT should do to save the world and the rainforests.
16. DOGMA In a humble home someone has broken a very valuable object, and the father Juan implements all the methods of punishments necessary to find the culprit . DOGMA is based on a traumatic story of the director that happened in his childhood.
17. BIG AND STRONGLife from the perspective of a tree. This short is made by the siblings ”Team LiaMaya” Maya and Liam Åkeson Rayner have made many awarded films together since they started making film and animations in 2012.
18. SLUM TOURISMThe concept of slum tourism, guided tours in slum areas, is a disputed fenomena. In Kampala, Uganda, we meet an organisation that arrange slum tours for the benefit of the local community. We also meet Alice, a woman visited by the tour. What does the community think about these tours ? How does it affect the areas in which they are held, and what impact does it have of the tourists visiting? This documentary was made when Vendela, Elin & Tom attended Röda Korsets Folkhögskola Red Cross documentary film education in Stockholm
19. HABITEveryone has their own habits. A man in his retirement age is still dedicated to his favorite activity.
19. VÄGGEN/The WALL When heaven turns into concrete. How it feels to get a wall just ten meters from the window! A political short from a personal view.
21. START the INVASION WITHOUT ME!An alien crash-lands on Earth and finds herself in the wrong buddy movie. The film that asks the question every extra-terrestrial invader should ask: ”Who packed this parachute?!” Eve Edelson is a writer, filmmaker and musician based in Oakland, California. She is also the author of the play ”Scamoramaland,” about people who write back to email scammers just to waste their time, produced by Performers Under Stress in San Francisco. read more at The Fem.Cine.Anarchy
22. COFFEE OR TEA? When 70-year-old Alice dies, she ends up in a limbo between life and after-life where she gets a chance to come back to life.
EN BÄTTRE MORGONDAG A BETTER TOMORROW på BIO GRAND Trädgårdsg. 5 i Uppsala
Sveriges unga akademi i samarbete med LadyBug Festival och Uppsala kortfilmfestival är stolta över att få presentera programpunkten ”En bättre morgondag”. Vi ser några utvalda kortfilmer med fokus på forskning och framtid och med avstamp i filmerna samtalar vi sedan med en panel av forskare. Sveriges unga akademi, in collaboration with LadyBug Festival and Uppsala International Short Film Festival, is proud to present the screening and panel “A Better Tomorrow,” where a selection of short films are discussed by a group of researchers.
1. La boite (The box) Hauwelle Marie-Pierre / France / 2019 / Animation / 00:11:07 There’s nothing unusual about receiving a package in the post. ‘Yes, but…what if…?’ are the wretched type of thoughts that cause Chloé to conjure up farfetched scenarios…If anxiety were an art, then Chloé has certainly mastered it.
2. Jamila Vuković Sophie / Sweden / 2019 / Fiction / 00:13:02 Jamila and her friends are practicing for the talent show, and nothing can get in the way of Jamila’s focus. Not even her little sister Leila’s question about the family’s asylum case. But when the police suddenly appear at school, Jamila starts to worry. Will performing risk their safety, or should she leave and risk her new friendships.
3. Un Día (One day) Vozza Annalisa / Colombia / Italy / 2019 / Fiction / 00:17:56 Cristian, a young man from a marginal neighborhood of Bogotá, earns his living by singing rap on the city bus. He dreams of traveling to Ecuador to take part in a music contest and leave everything behind. One day, his routine is disrupted by the unexpected presence of his little sister who followed him in secret. And the violence around him puts his dream of a better life to a hard test.
4. Dia de Eleição (Election Day) Afonso Nereu / Brazil / 2019 / Documentary / 00:08:06 In 2018 the electoral campaign in Brazil splits the nation in two. On October 28, date of the second round of the presidential elections, people go voting. Suddenly, the collective history of a country takes over of the filmmaker’s personal history
Hanne Fjelde, freds- och konfliktforskare vid Uppsala universitet och ledamot i Sveriges unga akademi. Palle Dahlstedt, forskare inom tillämpad informationsteknologi, lärare i komposition vid Högskolan för Scen och Musik och Sveriges unga akademialumn. Janna Gottwald, psykologiforskare vid Uppsala universitet. Emma Hagqvist, forskare vid Stressforskningsinstitutet, Stockholms universitet Samtalsledare: Robert Lagerström: IT-forskare vid KTH och ledamot i Sveriges unga akademi. Aase Högfeldt: grundare och konstnärlig ledare för LadyBug Festival
Sveriges unga akademi är en tvärvetenskaplig akademi för ett urval av de bästa yngre forskarna i Sverige, med en verksamhet som vilar på fyra pelare: forskningspolitik, internationalisering, tvärvetenskap och utåtriktade aktiviteter. Akademin är en oberoende plattform som bildades på initiativ av Kungl. Vetenskapsakademien 2011 och har cirka 35 ledamöter
Uppsala Internationella Kortfilmfestival, är Sveriges enda renodlade kortfilmfestival och främsta arena för internationell kortfilm, och sedan starten 1982 en av Europas viktigare kortfilmfestivaler. UIK är erkänd av Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences och Uppsala Grand Prix i den Internationella tävlingen och de bästa svenska kortfilmerna gör dem nomineringsbara till en Oscarsnominering.
LadyBug Festival är en inspirerande festival med fokus på film, konst och kultur i perspektiv av jämlikhet, rättvisa och miljö.
Tillsammans ser vi fem utvalda kortfilmer och med avstamp i filmernas olika teman leder en grupp av fem forskare samtal med publiken om bland annat internet- fenomen och vardagsrasism. Ni får träffa en logoped, en IT-forskare, en filmvetare, en statsvetare och en medie- och kommunikationsforskare. De fem filmerna är 1. TOM 2. SHE 3. SWATTED 4. SWÊdÎ och 5. FUCKING COLA. Läs mer om filmerna och forskarna HÄR
Filmen TOM vann kortfilmstävlingen med temat ”En Bättre Morgondag” som under hösten 2018 arrangerades av Sveriges unga akademi, LadyBug Festival och BUFF Malmö Filmfestival.
Seminariet ”En Bättre Morgondag/A Better Tomorrow” är ett sam- arrangemang mellan LadyBug Festival, Sveriges unga akademi och BUFF.
Warning: include(images/settings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /data/e/9/e9ecae09-0f6b-4936-8c31-01b9db1a0a52/ladybugfestival.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/blogolife/footer.php on line 58
Warning: include(): Failed opening 'images/settings.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /data/e/9/e9ecae09-0f6b-4936-8c31-01b9db1a0a52/ladybugfestival.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/blogolife/footer.php on line 58